Thursday, January 15, 2009

Do I have to put it away???






My Christmas deco is still up. Admittedly, I didn't put it up until about December 23rd, and I didn't put up much, but there it still hangs on my wall. The big problem is that there are candy canes. Heaven forbid I should toss them. What a waste of a good 99 cents! Heaven forbid I should eat them. What a waist of 4,500 calories! Papa Lee (Granjo's daddy) used to eat peppermint with apples and cheddar cheese, if I remember right. I guess I could take them to work and sneak them into the kitchen where they would be eaten by someone else. I certainly can't pack them away for next year as I have a mouse in the house and an old man kitty who is falling down on the job. I could also simply wait and do nothing, and eventually my friend who cleans my house will take them all down and pack them away. That's what she did last year. And for Halloween, too. Call me lazy, but there are thousands of things I'd rather do than clean house or put away Christmas.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Ooh, we could smash them up and mix them with some chocolate almond bark, or make peppermint ice cream or meringues...

Lynnell Fulkerson said...

how many calories are in meringues?I could use them as stir sticks for hot chocky.