Saturday, October 25, 2008

New Job!

Whoopee! no more holidays, nights or weekends! I can work from home after a year! I actually get bathroom breaks and I get to sit undisturbed for an entire half hour for my lunch! I guess you have to be a nurse to really understand the impact of why I am so excited about these things, but every other newly hired nurse on my team is also in awe. We are pinching ourselves to see if we are dreaming. I am a nurse consultant with Aetna, and I will be working in disease management. I will have my own patients, and I will call them every month or so to check on them.
Now that I actually have more free time at home, I am playing with crafts and making Christmas presents. It is just too much fun. Overload! I hit WalMart's fabric and craft section and Michael's yesterday. Today I'm heading to Robert's Crafts. I'm setting up my easy chair with all my crafty projects surrounding me and getting ready for a winter of fun. Hand knit hat, anyone?

3 comments:

XO said...

You really had my mom interested in what your new job is - she was asking me all sorts of questions - hopefully she emailed you back for details because I didn't know what to tell her. I'm so glad you've found some time for all your beautiful crafts - you are SO talented.

Laurel said...

Ooh, I know a little girl that walks to school every morning and could use one of those neck-tube-scarf-like-warmy-things. I'm glad everything is working out for you in the job arena, you've had some suckers...

Indy said...

Congrats!!! I had a roomie who was a nurse and she use to tell me about the long time on her feet with no breaks. Not cool.