Friday, October 10, 2008

cat-face spiders





























I have a cat-face spider in my garden. Charlie (the Bonnie Prince of Scotland) and I found her a few weeks ago. She has spun her perfectly symmetrical web on my pot of basil (thank you, Laurel for the pot). While 4-wheeling in North Willow Canyon, west of Grantsville the other day, I found her cousin on a rock in the middle of a brooklet. I am not like Ron Weasley - I like spiders. I prefer them to nasty, irritating flying insects. (though I will kill a black widow or a brown recluse if I find her near my house.) I didn't have my camera at the ready, but when I was painting my steps I found a 3 inch long gray wolf spider. She had pretty brown stripes on her furry back. I shooed her into the grass. I especially like jumping spiders. They are welcome in my kitchen window's potted garden anytime.

1 comment:

XO said...

Paralyzed with fear. paralyzed.