Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The road less traveled by...





The Road Not Taken


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood


And sorry I could not travel both


And be one traveller, long I stood


And looked down one as far as I could


To where it bent in the undergrowth;



Then took the other, as just as fair,


And having perhaps the better claim


Because it was grassy and wanted wear;


Though as for that, the passing there


Had worn them really about the same,



And both that morning equally lay


In leaves no feet had trodden black.


Oh, I kept the first for another day!


Yet knowing how way leads on to way,


I doubted if I should ever come back.



I shall be telling this with a sigh


Somewhere ages and ages hence:


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --


I took the one less travelled by,


And that has made all the difference.




Robert Frost

2 comments:

XO said...

When I decided to quit my job and be a full-time mom, I thought a lot about this poem. Of course, in UTAH it seems like motherhood is the road frequently traveled, but if you take the whole world into consideration, it is definitely an honor to consider myself among the few who give it up for family.

And, yes, it has made all the difference.

Lynnell Fulkerson said...

I am so proud of my Princess Sara-Boo and my Lollipop for taking the road less traveled by. That said, I amb also very proud of my Ryntsie-Boo-Gail for the "high road" she currently travels. She'll get to Scotland afore me.