Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Will it be an office or a bedroom?
As Ryn and I plan toward taking our jobs home next Fall, we have settled on my spare (guest) bedroom as the best spot for both of us. The compromise with this is that she will have to house any and all company that comes to Copperton for a visit. The reason is HIPAA. The health insurance portability and accountability act. Let me tell you straight up front, that I never knew HIPAA until I started working for a health insurance company. Yeah, I worked for years as a nurse, and yeah, I've been to the doctor's office and the pharmacy and signed their little statements, but that is nothing compared to the rigamarole involved in protecting personal health information when you work for an insurance company. So anyway, the bedroom can't be a bedroom anymore if it is going to be an office. I gotta get rid of my hide-a-bed couch - maybe take it to the living room and get rid of the piece of second hand store junk in there :) That would also mean redecorating the living room :))

So I spent an hour on Saturday looking at computer desk options at IKEA. This is the one I liked the most - It is two sorta rounded desks bumped up together. There were also a couple of corner cabinet desks that were very roomy. Maybe if those were lockable it could still be a bedroom in the off hours.

So what do you think?

No comments: