Wednesday, March 18, 2009

:( No camera ):

Alas, it is the little things that bug me the most about the recent theft. My hand made magnetic ID badge holder. My camera that I knew how to operate. My Palm Pilot. The dollar-gifts that I was taking to my grandchildren. The little bag of sweet baby things I was transporting for Sara.

I can make a new ID badge holder. I can buy a new camera (but it will take me a few weeks to learn how to use it). But I'm not going to get another Palm Pilot. I started adding up how much of my money Palm has gotten over the years, and it is well over $2500. So now I will only carry a "primitive" Palm Pilot - a stack of sticky notes and a pencil. It is true that I'll no longer have OODLES of info at the touch of a stylus. But I have to admit to myself that the sticky notes weigh less. They serve basically the same purpose. They don't break when I drop them. They don't need to be recharged every night. And I won't cry if someone steals them.

I feel bad about the hand made rebozo I was taking to my daughter. I spent hours knotting the fringe on that. I miss my insulated pink lunch box. I wish the creep hadn't taken my coolest reuseable shopping tote. I am still picking glass shards out of my seat. My passenger door is non-functional waiting for my sweet hubby to put it back together after reinstalling the window. Ryn got stuck in the car for about a minute the other day because I forgot to let her out.

I don't feel safe parking my car in any parking lot but especially not at the fitness center. Momentary panic flashes through my heart when I walk out and don't immediately see my car where I think I parked it.

I'll get over it. I hope I don't become complacent. I hope I am able to prioritize and figure out what truly has the most value in my life. I am grateful we weren't injured and grateful to have my family still near me.

No comments: